Tuesday, 18 August 2026
Twelve Years Without You!
Today marks 12 years since we lost our stillborn twins, Zachary and Zoe, at 26 weeks.
After five years of fertility consultations, prayers, hope, and heartbreak, they were our first miracle. We dreamed of the life we would have with them, but instead we had to say goodbye far too soon.
Over the years, I've learned that grief doesn't follow a timeline. Some anniversaries are easier than others. Some bring quiet reflection, while others, like today, are filled with emotion. You can never predict how you'll feel when this day comes around.
Today, I find myself wondering who Zachary and Zoe would be at 12 years old. Would they be as active as their younger sister, Zarah? Would they share her love of swimming, her determination, and her joy for life?
I'll never know, and that's one of the hardest parts of loss, missing not only the children you lost, but the people they might have become.
Today, I honour their memory by saying their names.
Zachary.
Zoe.
You were loved from the very beginning, and you are loved still.
Gone too soon. Loved forever. Remembered always. 💙🩷
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment