Sunday, 16 August 2026

Our turn has come...

For so many years, I stood on the sidelines watching other parents cheer for their children, wondering if God would ever write that story for me. I celebrated with friends, smiled through the ache, and quietly prayed for the day when I would have a child of my own to encourage, support, and love. Through the long and often painful journey of infertility, there were moments when the wait felt overwhelming, but God remained faithful even when I couldn't see what He was doing behind the scenes. Now, as I watch Zarah play hockey, thrive in competitive swimming, dance with confidence in hip hop, and lift her voice in choir, I am overwhelmed by the goodness of God. Every practice, every match, every race, every performance, and every song she sings feels like a tangible reminder of His faithfulness. These aren't just activities filling our calendar. They are answered prayers unfolding before our eyes. There was a time when we wondered if we would ever hear someone call us "Mom or Dad." Now we get to stand on the sidelines, sit in the audience, and cheer from the crowd as our daughter discovers her gifts and passions. Each moment carries a significance that only those who have walked the road of infertility and infant loss truly understand. Watching Zarah on the hockey field, giving her all with determination and courage, fills our hearts with pride. Seeing her thrive in the pool through competitive swimming personally reminds me of the strength and perseverance God has placed within her. Watching her shine in hip hop brings so much joy as she expresses herself with confidence and freedom. And hearing her sing in choir, raising her voice, is one of the most beautiful reminders that God has turned years of longing into songs of gratitude. To many, these may seem like ordinary childhood moments. But to us, they are sacred and we remain unapologetic to it. They are evidence of God's grace and faithfulness. They are the moments we once imagined through tears, never knowing if they would become our reality. The years of waiting were not easy, but they taught us to trust God's timing, even when I felt like I didn't understand His plans. Looking back now, I can see His hand through every step of the journey. Today, I stand with a heart full of gratitude, knowing that the child we prayed so earnestly for is growing, thriving, and becoming exactly who God created her to be. After years of yearning, hoping, and believing, we're finally living the answered prayer we once carried deep in our hearts. Every hockey game, every swimming gala, every hip hop performance, and every choir song is a reminder that God is faithful. And as we watch Zarah embrace all that she loves, I quietly thank Him each time for the privilege of being her mom and for the miracle of finally having my own place among the parents cheering from the sidelines. "The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy." Psalm 126:3 ❤️🙏🏻✨

No comments:

Post a Comment